Contact: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org * Online: 4 - Visited: 352363
04-04-2019 - 02:04:36
RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT - Coordinator for Agro-ecology Programme
- Job title: Coordinator for Agro-ecology Programme
Duration: Within 24 months from the contract date
Location: Kon Plong district, Kon Tum province, Vietnam
Application deadline: 29 February 2020
· Good attitude and behavior with a simple and modest lifestyle.
· At least 5 year experience in working with forest-dependent ethnic minority groups.
· Qualification: Professional ecological farmers, bachelor/master/doctor decree in agro-forestry and development economics.
· Deep understanding of Land Law, Forest Law, Law of Bio-diversity, Law of Environment through 1993 – 2003 - 2013 – 2017.
· Practical experience and skills in using GIS software for the forestry sector: MapInfo and handheld GPS, skills in reading maps of topography.
· Fluent Vietnamese and English (writing and speaking), capable of working with international experts.
· Fluency in Microsoft Office.
· Priority will be given to candidates who are of the ethnic minority groups, and who have passion and experience in living and working together with the ethnic people in remote areas.
A. Coordination and management
1. Take the initiative in connecting with and coordinating key farmers from the project areas. Identify needs, objectives and approaches, based on which to prepare master and detailed 3-month and 6-month and yearly plans to further implementation of system planning and detailed design at field.
2. Connect with village coordinators, local authorities at commune, district and provincial levels, and forest owners regarding the land use planning.
3. Training on local knowledge practices in eco-farming which are specific in each project area. Make monthly, quarterly and annual reports both in Vietnamese and English.
4. Propose solutions and resolve issues arising during the project implementation.
5. Learn and record into a field diary seasonal calendars, rituals – ceremonies – offerings for worshipping sacred sites within an eco-farm. Monitor changes of seasonal adaptability of local and new varieties/species in the farm.
6. Provide data and updates on farms during the project implementation. Propose solutions/interventions in a timely manner.
B. Facilitating and supporting community
1. Consult, facilitate and support local authorities at commune and district levels, and communities regarding legal procedures and inadequacies between practice and policies related to Agro-ecology.
2. Facilitate community independent monitoring. Update and disseminate legal documents on agro-ecology. Support community in voicing their critique over the top down bureaucratic programs that negatively affect the sustainable development of agro-ecological farms at community and family level.
3. Update and disseminate the project contents to communities. Organize seminars, workshops and conferences with the participations of different stakeholders.
1. Participate in local and international seminars, workshops and conferences.
2. Participate in local and international training courses.
3. The salary is paid based on the evaluation of the community and the Director of CENDI. Insurance policies are in accordance with Law and the financial regulations of CENDI.
4. Be equal in developing experience and skills, and in behaviours at work.
5. Field trip-related expenses will be in accordance with the financial regulations of CENDI (for more information, please visit http://cendiglobal.org/
6. Minimum monthly salary: VND 20,000,000
1. Scan required job application documents (CV, original/notarized Certificates, ID/Passport, and the most recent full body portrait photo) and send to email@example.com.
2. Result will be informed to the short-listed candidates within 15 days from the receipt date of the documents via email.
3. An interview will be set up through CENDI’s Skype ID with the short-listed candidates.
4. The successful candidate will be contacted to complete the recruitment procedure in accordance with Law and regulations of CENDI.
Download for details!