Community Entrepreneur Development Institute (CENDI) is a non-profitable, independent scientific and technological organization which is operating according to Law on Science and Technology, and under the Certificate of Registration of Scientific and Technological Operation No A-1244 issued by the Ministry of Science and Technology on 19 January 2015.
CENDI and its predecessor organizations have more than 20 years working with ethnic minority communities in the Mekong region to research, learn, analyze and make choices of development strategy of local knowledge in the mountainous ethnic minority communities regarding co-governance of the harmonious relationship between humans and nature, for further management, development and preservation of natural resources towards bio-diversity, livelihood and well-being of the villages.
CENDI is looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the Accountant position.
Starting Date: Immediately
Job type: Full-time
Location: Hanoi based with travel to the project sites and field offices when required
Salary: As agreed Job title: Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities: The accountant will work under the direct supervision of the Finance Director (and/or authorized person). He/she needs to ensure proper compliance of the organizational accounting to the principles stipulated by the law and by the rules and policies of CENDI and involved donors.
The main tasks include:
- Review and verify vouchers and expenses of projects to ensure the transparency.
- Enter data into the accounting software. Prepare reports on cash flow statement (monthly), cash and bank reconciliation statement (monthly), and other financial reports as required.
- Complete financials reports and to make sure they comply to requirements and policies of the donors and Vietnamese Law.
- Be responsible for settling monthly payroll to employees on time.
- Be responsible for insurance of the employees, and fulfilling the insurance tasks on time.
- Declare and report tax on time Work with auditors to prepare auditing reports of all projects of the organization
- Make report to monitor expenditure vs. budget. Propose solutions when the project activities are anticipated to not follow the estimated plan or there would be a delay in the implementation progress.
- Engage in setting up quarterly action plans. Be responsible for preparing quarterly reimbursement requests to be submitted to the donors in time.
- Engage in establishing budget plans for new projects/programs.
- Work with the Finance Director and Program Coordinator on annual and quarterly financial plans and financial reports.
- Assist the Finance Director in monitoring the organization’s accounting system (including field offices).
- Work with field offices to update project/program expenses as well as update activities arising beyond the estimated plan in order to propose the prompt budget allocation.
- Report to the Finance Director on the financial status of the projects on the monthly basis (project budget balance, cash balance, etc.)
- Travel to the project sites and field offices as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Finance Director or authorized person.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- University degree in finance and/or accounting
- At least 2 years of working experience in finance and/or accounting. Experience in project accounting in non-governmental organizations will be an asset.
- Practical experience with accounting software
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently and prioritise own workload
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills in Vietnamese and English, both spoken and written.
- Honest, careful and detailed-oriented
- Diligent, proactive and independent
- Patient, good listening, friendly and supportive.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send a Curriculum Vitae, copy of diplomas/certificates, and the most recent photo of 4 x 6 cm to email@example.com. Please do not contact via telephone.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Organization Name: Community Entrepreneur Development Institute (CENDI)
Application Deadline: 15 November 2018
Download for details!